Saturday, September 29, 2007


Be Art Aware!


There's no excuse as we've got plenty of it around Lacombe and Red Deer areas.

Here are some updates on the art scene in our area:

Lacombe
Have you seen how the wall murals are coming along in the downtown? Well go check out the amazing work of artist/muralist Tim Giles. You now have a viable excuse to hang around in the backalleys! The poem below is dedicated to this artist.


Portrait of the Artist as Creator

By blue jean

Not always white and stark beginnings, I like to create my own background in colour.
Sacred, creator, pulling worlds out of my head, my vision comes alive at my hand, I am the god of this wall.
Studied strokes form the criss-cross patterns
and as you stand back
the shape becomes apparent.
I have made hills and trees, prairies lush and green, paddocks and grazing horses, buildings and people,
times beyond my memory.
In my own epoch,
the world is made canvas, and I draw our dreams on it.
Red Deer
Check out http://www.theelectricant.blogspot.com/ for information on the Harris-Warke Gallery's 4th Annual Fundraiser.




No comments: